In April of 2022, two of PLM’s long-time Board members retired. George Hirschhorn and Anthony J. DeCarlo, Sr. have served faithfully and with distinction on PLM’s Board of Directors for the past 16 and 12 years, respectively.
George Hirschhorn is the founder of Hirschhorn & Associates, which specializes in financial advisory services. During his time with PLM, Hirschhorn served on PLM’s Audit-Nominating Committee and assisted PLM in understanding and managing financial and tax operations. In addition to his professional experience, Hirschhorn contributed to several philanthropic efforts, serving on the Board of the Pincus Family Foundation and financially supporting organizations through PLM such as the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia and the Pennsylvania SPCA.
Former President & CEO of Lumbermens Merchandising Corporation (LMC), Anthony J. DeCarlo, Sr. served on PLM’s Executive Committee and Audit-Nominating Committee, among other PLM Board Committees. During his time with PLM, DeCarlo was vital to identifying unique market opportunities for growth. Beyond his service to PLM, DeCarlo and his wife, Ellen have supported numerous charitable and civic organizations including the St. Thomas Church of Villanova, Daylesford Abbey and The Augustinian Order.
As PLM bids farewell to these two distinguished Board Members, we celebrate the addition of John T. Hill to PLM’s Board of Directors in January 2022. Hill serves as the president and CEO of Public Service Insurance Company in New York City. With nearly three decades of experience in insurance at the C-suite level, Hill offers a keen set of refined skills that will help to further PLM’s position as a leading insurer in the wood niche.
Producer Update: Issue 4 – 2022
IN THIS ISSUE:
- President’s Commentary
- Cyber Corner: URLs are Only Half the Story
- Can Your Workers’ Compensation Carrier Manage Your OSHA Compliance Requirements?
- Plumb Safety: Three Common Auto Claims for Lumber Dealers
- The Dovetail: Claims Trends – Reinforcing the Need for Sound Loss Control
- A Look into PLM’s Latest A- (Excellent) Rating from AM Best
- Spotlight On: Lindsey DiGangi Appointed to AVP – Marketing
- Spotlight On: Recent Changes to PLM’s Board of Directors
- Spotlight On: Upcoming Events List
- Recent Wins