At Pennsylvania Lumbermens Mutual Insurance (PLM), we are committed to protecting your privacy as a visitor to this website and as our customer. To our visitors and to our customers, we offer this pledge:
PLM is the owner of the information, which is collected on this website. We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information (PII). PII means information that identifies you as an individual, such as your name and Social Security Number, as well as financial, health and other information about you that is nonpublic, and that we obtain so we can provide you with our services.
- this website (“the Site”), the software applications made available by us for use on or through computers, mobile devices, or other Internet-connected devices (the “Apps”), our social media pages; and
- other means (for example, from your application and claim forms, telephone calls, e-mails and other communications with us, as well as from claim investigators, medical professionals, witnesses or other third parties involved in our business dealings with you, and other formats).
This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
When you apply for an insurance policy at PLM, we may ask you to provide your name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address or other information. We will maintain a record of your information at the offices of PLM so we can provide you with policyholder service.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
A cookie is a piece of data that is stored on a visitor’s hard drive while they are visiting this website. We may utilize a short-lived form of cookie when you visit this site. At PLM, a cookie is only used to identify one unique visitor from another visitor during a particular session. A session is the period of active site-use while that unique visitor is linked to our server. We may use cookie technology during a session as a tool to carry forward your input information. No personally identifiable information is stored on the cookie.
Read Our Cookie Statement
1. OVERVIEW OF COOKIES AND OTHER IDENTIFICATION TECHNOLOGIES
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your browser or device by websites, applications, online media, and advertisements. They are used for various purposes, including but not limited to authenticating users, remembering user preferences and settings, determining content popularity, delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns, analyzing site traffic and trends, and generally understanding the online behaviors and interests of users who interact with the Services.
There are different types of cookies, such as “first-party cookies” and “third-party cookies.” First-party cookies are cookies served by the entity that operates the domain you are visiting. Third-party cookies are cookies served by the organizations that are not operating the domain you are visiting.
Cookies may also have different durations. Session cookies last only while your browser is open and are deleted automatically when you close your browser session. Persistent cookies survive after your browser is closed. For example, persistent cookies may recognize your device when you re-open your browser and browse the internet again.
Other technologies, including data we store on your web browser or device, identifiers associated with your device, and other software, are used for similar purposes. In this policy, we refer to all of these technologies as “cookies.”
2. COOKIE TYPES AND PURPOSES
- Authentication: These are used to verify your account and assist with your account login. For example, we may use these cookies to keep you logged in as you navigate between Site webpages. These cookies may also help us remember your browser, so you do not have to keep logging in.
- Advertising: These cookies are used to deliver advertisements, to make advertisements more relevant and meaningful to consumers, and to track the efficiency of our advertising campaigns. For example, we and our ad partners may rely on information collected through these cookies to serve you ads on other websites that may be interesting to you. Similarly, our partners may use a cookie, attribution service or another similar technology to determine whether we’ve served an ad and how it performed or provide us with information about how you interact with them.
- Site Features and Services: These cookies provide functionality that help us deliver products and services. For example, we may use these cookies to help you log in by pre-filling fields.
3. YOUR CHOICES
You have the right to choose whether or not to accept cookies. However, they are an important part of how the Services work, so you should be aware that if you choose to refuse or remove cookies, it could affect the availability and functionality of the Services.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. To do so, please follow the instructions provided by your browser.
Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third-party flash cookies, which may be used by us or our partners in connection with the Services. To delete or disable flash cookies, please visit the Adobe Flash Player EOL General Information Page. For further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, you can visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
4. CHANGES TO THIS COOKIE STATEMENT
HOW DOES PLM SAFEGUARD YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
PLM protects your personal and private information through the use of encryption technology. We use industry standard security protocols to ensure that the connection between your browser and our server remains protected. Unfortunately, no data transmitted over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed 100% secure. If you believe your connection with us is no longer secure for any reason, please notify us immediately.
The employees of PLM are each required to sign and acknowledge a Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement. Each employee has been instructed on maintaining the privacy of each customer and the importance of protecting the customer’s personal information.
The Services are operated in the United States and intended for users located in the United States. If you access this site from a location outside of the United States, your information may be transferred to the United States and you agree to such transfer. Furthermore, you acknowledge that the United States may not provide the same level of protections as the laws of your country.
The Services are not intended for anyone under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose information of children under the age of 18. We will delete any personal information collected that we determine to be from a user younger than the age of 18.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), you have specific rights regarding your personal information if you are a California resident (“Consumer”) as further described in this section.
Personal Information We Collect, Disclose, and Sell
Subject to certain limitations and exceptions, you have the right to know what personal information is being collected, disclosed, used, or sold by PLM.
While we do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information, we may collect certain types of personal information from you as described in the “Information Collection” and “Cookies” sections above in connection with services and marketing that we provide.
We may have collected the following categories of personal information from Consumers:
- Identifiers such as your real name, alias, postal address, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, and email address.
- Demographic information, such as gender and age.
- Commercial information such as records of products or services purchased or considered.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as search history and interaction with our websites, applications, or advertisements.
- Geolocation data, such as the physical location of you or your device.
- Electronic, visual, or other similar information, such as photos, videos, or webcasts from events.
- Inferences drawn from the personal information above reflecting your preferences, characteristics, and behavior.
Your Consumer Rights Under the CCPA
Subject to certain limitations and exceptions, you have the right to request that we disclose to you our collection and use of your personal information at present and in the past twelve (12) months, including the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collected, used, sold or disclosed.
You may have the right to request that we delete your personal information that we have collected, subject to certain exceptions.
You have the right to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information.
How to Submit a Request for Access or Deletion
If you would like more information or would like to submit a privacy-related request described above, you may do so by:
Email or Call us at the Contact Information listed below under “How Can You Contact Us”
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA
HOW YOU CAN CONTACT US
Pennsylvania Lumbermens Mutual Insurance
2005 Market Street, Suite 1200
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Attention: Customer Service Department
Last Revision Date: February 2023