RETAILERS / WHOLESALERS / DISTRIBUTORS
Our specialty coverage for retailers, wholesalers and distributors includes building material dealers, hardware stores and lumberyards.
- Builders Risk (For current insureds)
- Building Material Dealers
- Cabinet Showrooms
- Concentration Yards
- Drywall Distributors
- Electrical Suppliers
- Engineered Wood Products
- Exterior Doors & Windows (Property only)
- Fence Manufacturers, Distributors, and Retailers
- Furniture Stores (Unfinished furniture only)
- Hardware Stores
- Hardwood Flooring
- Home Centers
- HVAC Supplies
- Imported Wood Products
- Insulation Distributor
- Interior Doors
- Landscape Supplies
- Lumber Brokers (Jobbers)
- Lumberyards (Retail/Wholesale)
- Masonry Yards
- Plastic/Composite Lumber
- Plumbing Supplies
- Roofing & Siding Distributors
- Wood Imports
We design specialty insurance coverages for light manufacturing including cabinet manufacturing, moulding & millwork, wood flooring manufacturing and woodworking shops.
- Bat Manufacturing (Property only)
- Bed Frame Manufacturing
- Bobbin Manufacturing
- Bookcase Manufacturing
- Box & Crate Manufacturing
- Cabinet & Casegoods Manufacturing
- Cable Reel Manufacturing
- Carpentry Shops (Property only)
- Casket Manufacturing (Wood as the primary component)
- Church Pew & Altar Manufacturing
- Countertop Manufacturing
- Display & Exhibit Manufacturing
- Door Assembly
- Dowel Manufacturing
- Fence Manufacturing
- Furniture Manufacturing
- Furniture Manufacturing with Upholstery
- Handle Manufacturing
- Ladder Manufacturing (Property only)
- Laminated Wood Products
- Lathe Mills
- Millwork Manufacturing
- Mobile/Modular Home Manufacturing
- Modular Closet Shelving Units
- Moulding & Millwork
- Musical Instruments Manufacturing
- Pattern Shops
- Picture Frames
- Playground Equipment (Property only)
- Shutter Manufacturing
- Stair Manufacturing
- Store Fixtures Display Manufacturing
- Truck & Trailer Flooring
- Truss Manufacturing (Wood only)
- Window Assembly (Property only)
- Wood Carving
- Wood Flooring Manufacturing
- Wood Novelties Manufacturing
- Wood Products Manufacturing (NOC)
- Wood Treating (No creosote)
- Woodturning Shops
- Wooden Blinds
- Woodworking Shops
- Woodworking with Finishing
SAWMILLS & HEAVY MANUFACTURING
From pallet manufacturing to sawmills, we provide coverage for heavy wood manufacturing operations.
- Barrel Manufacturing (Cooperage)
- Debarker Mills
- Log Home Manufacturer
- Pallet Manufacturing (New)
- Pallet Manufacturing (Reconditioning – only if best in class)
- Particle, Chipboard, OSB Manufacturing
- Planing Mills
- Plywood Manufacturing
- Resaw Operations
- Sawmills with Logging
- Sawmills without Logging
- Shingle Mills
- Veneer Mills
- Wood Drying (Kilns)
- Wood-Mizer/Portable Sawmills
PLM works exclusively through insurance producers and brokers to provide specialty insurance and risk management solutions for wood, lumber and other building material businesses. Here are just a few reasons why brokers choose PLM for their wood industry clients:
Please follow these Submission Requirements and Helpful Guidelines to receive the most competitive quote possible, in a timely manner:
- New business sent to PLM to quote should be submitted on standard Acord applications. The more complete the information, the more timely and customized our quote will be.
- Include a complete description of the operation (the more detailed, the better), along with prior carrier and expiring premiums.
- Three to five year hard copy loss runs must be included.
- Digital photographs of each building, inside and out that match the statement of values.
- Property submissions should include an adequate description of the property coverages requested including coinsurance, valuation basis, causes of losses and deductibles. You should also include construction, occupancy, protection class, year built and square footage of all buildings.
- General Liability submissions should include the class and accurate, up-to-date sales figures.
- Automobile submissions must include a complete drivers list, VIN numbers and full classification information. Please explain any unusual situations such as youthful or elderly drivers, etc.
- Inland Marine submissions should include an adequate description of the equipment, including the make, model, year, serial number and valuation method.
- Include the name and phone number of a contact at the prospective insured to arrange a pre-binding inspection.
Submissions to PLM may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in starting an open brokerage relationship with Pennsylvania Lumbermens? By requesting a producer kit below, you will receive an informational guide to doing business with PLM, all the way from submissions to claims management. This producer kit will provide you with all the information you will need for us to begin a mutually beneficial relationship.
Thank you for your interest in PLM.
PLM operates on an open brokerage basis meaning that we do not appoint our producers or have premium or volume commitments. We work with any broker that chooses to pursue a piece of wood business whether it be one account or 100 accounts. Most agencies enjoy a linear relationship where the carrier interacts exclusively with their agent, and the agent interacts exclusively with their client, the insured.
The PLM distribution strategy is more of a triangular relationship. We build relationships with our brokers AND our insureds. As opposed to representing the carrier as their agent, in the PLM world, you would be representing the insured.