Watch this video to learn how to use our search tool.
To help insurance producers and brokers to find business opportunities in their neighborhoods, this tool is made available through Ask Kodiak, an online search platform that enables producers to instantly identify carrier appetite:
- Carrier Appetite Real-time appetite search engine: centrally updated by PLM with up-to-date information on our Commercial Lines target markets and eligibility
- Filter your results: Filter by state, classification, risk-size, and more to instantly see product highlights, underwriting criteria, and more across markets and beyond
- Management System Integration: Connects directly into your daily workflows through integrations with leading agency management systems, like Applied Epic, EZLynx, Vertafore and other insurtech platforms – work right where you are every day
- Free Access: searches powered by Ask Kodiak are available directly – for free – from their site to all insurance producers, or access our embedded search across the PLM website anytime
- Form Submission: find a client in-appetite? Submit your ACORD applications or questions directly via our in-take form by clicking ‘Get Started’ after your next search
- New business sent to PLM to quote should be submitted on standard Acord applications. The more complete the information, the timelier and more customized our quote will be.
- Include a complete description of the operation (the more detailed, the better), along with prior carrier and expiring premiums.
- 3-5 year hard copy loss runs must be included.
- Digital photographs of each building, inside and out, that match the statement of values.
- Property submissions should include an adequate description of the property coverages requested including coinsurance, valuation basis, causes of losses and deductibles. You should also include construction, occupancy, protection class, year built and square footage of all buildings.
- General Liability submissions should include the class and accurate, up-to-date sales figures.
- Automobile submissions must include a complete drivers list, VIN numbers and full classification information. Please explain any unusual situations such as youthful or elderly drivers, and etc.
- Inland Marine submissions should include an adequate description of the equipment, including the make, model, year, serial number, and valuation method.
- Include the name and phone number of a contact at the prospective insured to arrange a pre-binding inspection.