PLM is looking for dedicated and highly motivated individuals to join our team.
We currently have the following positions available:
JOIN OUR TEAM
Pennsylvania Lumbermens Mutual Insurance Company has provided property and casualty insurance in the lumber and building material industries for almost 125 years. Our unwavering dedication to the wood niche is backed by our employees’ eagerness to understand the needs of our customers and our commitment to keeping them safe.
With the depth of products and services PLM offers, we are confident that our insureds will have the coverage they need to keep their businesses safe. However, to become the premier provider in the wood niche, we believe it starts with our employees. We understand that our industry and market segment are constantly evolving, so we encourage our employees to engage in continuous learning. Our staff is endlessly dedicated to being the most knowledgeable resource for our insureds, regardless of the question.
PLM headquarters is located in Center City Philadelphia, but a third of our staff resides throughout the country. Our goal is to provide every insured with a level of service only achieved by direct contact with our local field staff.
Aside from our commitment to our industries, PLM is also dedicated to helping our local communities and local and national charities. We have a longstanding relationship with the United Way and participate in Days of Service throughout the year.
PLM offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes the following:
- Medical (including Rx and vision)
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Life and Accidental Death or Dismemberment
- AFLAC – PLM offers several voluntary insurance plans through AFLAC. These plans are paid fully by the employee but administered by the company. Rates vary by age, coverage, and income.
- Defined Contribution Plan-401(k) – Employer match up to 5% of contributions are 100% vested immediately under the Safe Harbor provisions of the plan.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (medical/dental/vision/Rx)
- Flexible Spending Account-Dependent Day Care
- Flexible Spending Accounts (parking/transportation)
- Employee Assistance Program
PLM pays 100% for employees to further their insurance-related education.
- Tuition Reimbursement – PLM offers up to $5,000 per calendar year for reimbursement for undergraduate or graduate level courses.
- Business related training – PLM pays 100% for other job-related training courses.