PLM and ILM are looking for dedicated and highly motivated individuals to join our team.
We currently have the following positions available:
Pennsylvania Lumbermens and Indiana Lumbermens Mutual Insurance Companies offer a rewarding experience to those individuals who are dedicated to continually learning and developing their skills in not only their position but in the industry as well. For over 100 years, PLM and ILM have been providing property and casualty insurance in the lumber and building material industries. Our unwavering dedication to the wood niche is backed by our employees’ eagerness to understand the needs of our customers and our commitment to keeping them safe.
After operating separately in the wood niche for more than a century, PLM and ILM have emerged as leading property and casualty insurance providers. In order to continue and further their success, PLM and ILM recently announced their affiliation, effective late 2013. The integration process is ongoing, bringing significant improvements to processes and advancements to technologies as teams from both companies work to determine best practices. This is an exciting time to be a part of PLM and ILM as we strive to be America’s premier property and casualty insurance company serving the lumber and building material industries.
With the depth of products and services PLM and ILM offer, we are confident that our insureds will have the coverage they need to keep their businesses safe. However, to become the premier provider in the wood niche, we believe it starts with our employees. We understand that our industry and market segment are constantly evolving, so we encourage our employees to engage in continuous learning. We are members of various insurance societies and wood associations and we are proud of our employees’ involvement each year. Our staff is endlessly dedicated to being the most knowledgeable resource for our insureds, regardless of the question.
The PLM and ILM headquarters are located in Center City Philadelphia, with significant operations in Indianapolis, Indiana. These two locations offer access to all levels of management, a convenience afforded to the staff that works in these offices. While a significant number of employees work in the Philadelphia headquarters, the affiliation of PLM and ILM has grown our presence across the United States.
Aside from our commitment to our industries, PLM and ILM are also dedicated to helping our local communities. We have a longstanding relationship with the United Way of Southeastern Pennsylvania with a growing connection in Central Indiana. PLM and ILM participate in the annual “United Way Day of Caring” and each year we have a campaign kick-off breakfast and various activities to start the fundraising year.
PLM and ILM offer a comprehensive benefit package that includes the following:
- Medical (including Rx and vision) – PLM and ILM offer employees a high-deductible health plan (HDHP) with attached health savings account (HSA). The company contributes up to 45% of the deductible into the HSA and the employee can contribute additional funds up to the IRS limit. PLM and ILM strive to keep employee paid portions of the medical premiums reasonable and stable while providing the best coverage possible. Vision coverage is included with the medical coverage.
- Dental – PLM and ILM offers dental insurance with employer contribution towards the premium.
- Short Term Disability – PLM and ILM offer a generous employer paid short-term disability program to all employees. The benefit varies based on the employee’s length of service, and runs concurrently with the Family Medical Leave Act.
- Long Term Disability – PLM and ILM offer 100% employer paid premiums for long-term disability insurance.
- Life and Accidental Death or Dismemberment – PLM and ILM offer 100% employer paid premiums for life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) coverage. Life insurance is covered at 3 times annual base salary and AD&D is covered at 2 times annual base salary. Supplemental coverage may be purchased at 1, 2, or 3 times annual salary. Dependent coverage is available too. All supplemental coverage is employee paid at discounted group rates.
- Business Travel Accident Insurance – PLM and ILM offer a variety of coverages depending on position.
- AFLAC – PLM and ILM offer several voluntary insurance plans through AFLAC. These plans are paid fully by the employee but administered by the company. Rates vary by age, coverage, and income.
- Defined Contribution Plan-401(k) – Employees are automatically enrolled in the plan immediately upon hire. Employees may contribute up to 50% on either a pre-tax or Roth 401(k) after-tax basis (or a combination of both) up to IRS maximums. Employer match contributions are 100% vested immediately under the Safe Harbor provisions of the plan.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – New employees are given a bank of PTO days based on date of hire to use after 60 days of employment. PTO days increase with length of service up to a maximum of 35 days per year.
- Holidays – PLM and ILM offer 6 paid holidays.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (medical/dental/vision/Rx) – PLM and ILM offers two pre-tax Flexible Spending Account (FSA) arrangements for employees. For those employees enrolled in the company (or other) HDHP medical plan we offer a Limited Flex Spending Account for unreimbursed dental and vision expenses only. For employees covered under a plan that is not an HDHP (e.g. a spouse’s PPO Plan) we offer a full medical Flexible Spending Account for all unreimbursed medical expenses (deductibles, copays, Rx, dental and vision).
- Flexible Spending Account-Dependent Day Care – PLM and ILM offer a pre-tax savings plan to be used for costs associated with dependent day care (both child and elder care).
- Flexible Spending Accounts (parking/transportation) – PLM and ILM offer a Flexible Spending Account arrangement on a pre-tax basis for payment of parking or transportation expenses up to the allowable monthly amount of $255.00 per month.
- Employee Assistance Program – PLM and ILM offer access to confidential counseling on a wide variety of issues through our Employee Assistance Program.
- Matching Gift Program – PLM and ILM will match dollar for dollar up to $1,000 per calendar year, any charitable donation you make to an accredited educational institution.
- TransitChek – PLM and ILM participate in TransitChek which allows employees located at the Philadelphia home office to save up to $255 per month pre-tax to be used towards the cost of commuting on SEPTA or PATCO.
- Employee Referral Program – PLM and ILM will pay an employee $1,000 if we hire a person they have referred and the new hire successfully completes 6 months of service.
- Tuition Reimbursement – PLM and ILM offer up to $5,000 per calendar year for reimbursement of expenses incurred (excluding books) in the pursuit of higher education. Programs must be at an accredited school and business related. They may be undergraduate or graduate level.
- Industry related courses – PLM and ILM pay 100% for employees to further their insurance related education, either in the form of workshops and seminars or in the pursuit of formal industry designations such as Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter or Associates in Risk Management.
- Business related training – PLM and ILM pay 100% for other business related training courses, including computer training.