PLM is looking for dedicated and highly motivated individuals to join our team.
We currently have the following positions available:
Pennsylvania Lumbermens Mutual Insurance Company offers a rewarding experience to those individuals who are dedicated to continually learning and developing their skills in not only their position but in the industry as well. For over 100 years, PLM and ILM have been providing property and casualty insurance in the lumber and building material industries. Our unwavering dedication to the wood niche is backed by our employees’ eagerness to understand the needs of our customers and our commitment to keeping them safe.
With the depth of products and services PLM offers, we are confident that our insureds will have the coverage they need to keep their businesses safe. However, to become the premier provider in the wood niche, we believe it starts with our employees. We understand that our industry and market segment are constantly evolving, so we encourage our employees to engage in continuous learning. We are members of various insurance societies and wood associations and we are proud of our employees’ involvement each year. Our staff is endlessly dedicated to being the most knowledgeable resource for our insureds, regardless of the question.
The PLM headquarters are located in Center City Philadelphia, with significant operations in Indianapolis, Indiana. These two locations offer access to all levels of management, a convenience afforded to the staff that works in these offices. While a significant number of employees work in the Philadelphia headquarters, the affiliation of PLM and ILM has grown our presence across the United States.
Aside from our commitment to our industries, PLM is also dedicated to helping our local communities. We have a longstanding relationship with the United Way of Southeastern Pennsylvania with a growing connection in Central Indiana. PLM participates in the annual “United Way Day of Caring” and each year we have a campaign kick-off breakfast and various activities to start the fundraising year.
PLM offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes the following:
- Medical (including Rx and vision) – PLM offers employees a high-deductible health plan (HDHP) with attached health savings account (HSA). The company contributes up to 45% of the deductible into the HSA and the employee can contribute additional funds up to the IRS limit. PLM strives to keep employee paid portions of the medical premiums reasonable and stable while providing the best coverage possible. Vision coverage is included with the medical coverage.
- Dental – PLM offers dental insurance with employer contribution towards the premium.
- Short Term Disability – PLM offers a generous employer paid short-term disability program to all employees. The benefit varies based on the employee’s length of service, and runs concurrently with the Family Medical Leave Act.
- Long Term Disability – PLM and ILM offer 100% employer paid premiums for long-term disability insurance.
- Life and Accidental Death or Dismemberment – PLM offers 100% employer paid premiums for life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) coverage. Life insurance is covered at 3 times annual base salary and AD&D is covered at 2 times annual base salary. Supplemental coverage may be purchased at 1, 2, or 3 times annual salary. Dependent coverage is available too. All supplemental coverage is employee paid at discounted group rates.
- Business Travel Accident Insurance – PLM offers a variety of coverages depending on position.
- AFLAC – PLM offers several voluntary insurance plans through AFLAC. These plans are paid fully by the employee but administered by the company. Rates vary by age, coverage, and income.
- Defined Contribution Plan-401(k) – Employees are automatically enrolled in the plan immediately upon hire. Employees may contribute up to 50% on either a pre-tax or Roth 401(k) after-tax basis (or a combination of both) up to IRS maximums. Employer match contributions are 100% vested immediately under the Safe Harbor provisions of the plan.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – New employees are given a bank of PTO days based on date of hire to use after 60 days of employment. PTO days increase with length of service up to a maximum of 35 days per year.
- Holidays – PLM offers 6 paid holidays.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (medical/dental/vision/Rx) – PLM offers two pre-tax Flexible Spending Account (FSA) arrangements for employees. For those employees enrolled in the company (or other) HDHP medical plan we offer a Limited Flex Spending Account for unreimbursed dental and vision expenses only. For employees covered under a plan that is not an HDHP (e.g. a spouse’s PPO Plan) we offer a full medical Flexible Spending Account for all unreimbursed medical expenses (deductibles, copays, Rx, dental and vision).
- Flexible Spending Account-Dependent Day Care – PLM offers a pre-tax savings plan to be used for costs associated with dependent day care (both child and elder care).
- Flexible Spending Accounts (parking/transportation) – PLM offers a Flexible Spending Account arrangement on a pre-tax basis for payment of parking or transportation expenses up to the allowable monthly amount of $255.00 per month.
- Employee Assistance Program – PLM offers access to confidential counseling on a wide variety of issues through our Employee Assistance Program.
- Matching Gift Program – PLM will match dollar for dollar up to $1,000 per calendar year, any charitable donation you make to an accredited educational institution.
- TransitChek – PLM participates in TransitChek which allows employees located at the Philadelphia home office to save up to $255 per month pre-tax to be used towards the cost of commuting on SEPTA or PATCO.
- Employee Referral Program – PLM will pay an employee $1,000 if we hire a person they have referred and the new hire successfully completes 6 months of service.
- Tuition Reimbursement – PLM offers up to $5,000 per calendar year for reimbursement of expenses incurred (excluding books) in the pursuit of higher education. Programs must be at an accredited school and business related. They may be undergraduate or graduate level.
- Industry related courses – PLM pays 100% for employees to further their insurance related education, either in the form of workshops and seminars or in the pursuit of formal industry designations such as Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter or Associates in Risk Management.
- Business related training – PLM pays 100% for other business related training courses, including computer training.